Head of physiotherapy laboratory: Safrin Arifin, SKM, SST. FT, M.Sc.
This laboratory is one of the laboratories used to facilitate synergy between theory and practice. The room is designed to meet the standards in practice of:
- Pediatric Physiotherapy (child) and geriatric (advanced age): Pediatric physiotherapy practices is an introduction to the development of children, observation of child behavior, parent-child interaction, assessment of child development, the theory of early intervention, evaluation, functional diagnosis, prognosis, and techniques to improve the student skills which is designed for children with and deficit or mental developmental delays, early intervention, and more. Moreover, it also focused on the examination of the factors that influence normal and pathological systems in the elderly, including developmental issues of normal sequence, general and pathologies throughout life. It is also focused on evaluation, health and entertainment activities, and how the basics of rehabilitation procedures can be modified for the elderly.
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy is to train student related to the problems or musculoskeletal diseases, including arthritis, metabolic bone disease, bone neoplasms, muscle pain and restriction of movement as well as detailed coverage of the healing of bone fractures and its complications, multiple trauma and prosthetic biomaterials and devices that are relevant to orthopedic applications.
- It also integrates techniques basic evaluation and methods of treatments (including modalities and manual techniques) that have been learned by the students. In this course, some common musculoskeletal disorders will be introduced and specific evaluations and treatments will be practiced by the students.
- Neuromuscular Physiotherapy integrates the principles of basic and clinical sciences applied of neuromuscular and neurological clinical practice for physiotherapy and prepare students for clinical practicum. This course also includes clinical decision making, models of neurological, neurological disorders analysis, technical assessment and treatments of neurological diseases such as stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, cerebella and vestibular, neurological degenerative diseases, and diseases of the peripheral nerves.
- Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy is common vascular disorders of the heart and lungs with the appropriate physiotherapy management procedures in physiotherapy practice. Students will also practice with physiotherapy modalities in the laboratory and will gain clinical experience and interaction with clients in the hospital. The course will also focus on the evaluation and treatment of clients with cardiopulmonary dysfunction, and chronic diseases. It will be emphasized on cardiac function, blood circulation and lung function. Moreover, the purpose of cardiopulmonary lab is to familiarize students with the basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, common diseases / conditions involving the cardiovascular system and lungs, as well as various types of intervention on the client.
In 2015, it will be built a mini physiotherapy clinic to serve students, faculty staff and communities around the city of Depok.